Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

God Before Us

When I first entertained the idea of writing a blog, I figured I'd better have a list of weekly topics ready to go. I needed to be organized, prepared, maybe even have several postings saved on the computer (those of you who know me are smiling and nodding your heads and OK maybe I do have a list started!). But here's what's been amazing to me, I've only looked at that list twice! My postings are more spontaneous in nature, which is in and of itself something for me to ponder!

This leads me to my thoughts this morning. There is an anonymous comment on my "Fear or Faith" article of February 7th (you can find it on the blog website), which has lead to a connection for me. This person speaks of taking a risk to move out of their comfort zone and questioning whether they would have "fear or faith"? In this particular case, the risk lead to a positive outcome, they felt the Holy Spirit right there in the moment.

I was reminded of a quote from Dean Nelson, in his book God Hides in Plain Sight "But I also believe grace goes before us as a way for God to say 'Welcome! I got here before you. I've been expecting you. See? You're with me, and you're going to be fine'"

What a comforting image, God going ahead of us, to either catch us when our wings don't take flight, or cheer us on when they do! Either way, it helps to make 'flying' less fearful!

PS Speaking of spontaneous- it's 7AM in Flagstaff, Arizona- on our trip to the Grand Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment