Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Divine Opportunities


As the forty days of Lent draw to a close, I look back on this as a season of divine opportunities!  It’s not something I had planned mind you; actually I had nothing planned as a Lenten discipline.  But divine opportunity came knocking and once I opened the door, it was not about to be closed.

I first noticed these opportunities a couple of months ago. In fact I’ve previously written about the pushing of familiar buttons and the old sore spot on my “Achilles Heel”.  But it didn’t stop there!  I’ve had the chance to revisit self-doubts, ‘black & white thinking’ and standing up for what I believe in. 

None of this has been easy; I much prefer the nest of ‘status quo’.  And if I am to leap from its safety, it’s to be a short hop, propelled by a gentle breeze.  But how am I to learn about fresh beginnings, compromise, forgiveness, acceptance and courage, if God doesn’t yank me out of the nest, sometimes into a forceful wind and say, “Fly, Carol – the possibilities are endless!”

I have a hunch the conclusion of Lent will not be the end of God’s divine opportunities; quite possibly He’s just getting started.  I’m holding on to my hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment