Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

WHAT IF?


On a rainy Monday morning, Spud and I settled on the couch for “prayer time”.  I relished the idea of quiet, uninterrupted time with God and Spud,  as wind and water pelted the window.

Secure in my arms, Spud snuggled as close as he could, closed his eyes and went sound asleep.  As I stroked his head and took in this mutual communion of love,  I thought:

What if God loves me as much as I love Spud?

What if I trusted God as much as Spud trusts me?

What if  I rested  in God’s embrace as eagerly as Spud rests in mine?

What if I was as sure of God’s love as much as Spud is sure of mine?

Perhaps an odd comparison, but it worked for me.  I found myself smiling and nodding “YES!”

Give it a try, with whomever you might substitute for "Spud" in those questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment