Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

New Directions


Funny how life seems to come ‘full circle’ – again and again!  For the past several weeks I’ve been reminded of that, as I notice the surroundings on my path have changed just a little.  These changes aren’t causing huge anxiety mind you, but they are enough for me to take note that life is continually evolving and with that comes a sense of sadness for what has been.

As I was pondering these new ‘opportunities for growth’, I remembered a poem I had written about just this topic!  Much to my surprise, when I opened it today, I saw it was written almost exactly a year ago!  Must be something about moving forward that equates with springtime!

Here is a copy of that poem from a year ago and one I wrote today – kind of a sequel I guess!

Gentle Turns
                                    
Ever so slightly
there’s a bend
in the road.

Imperceptible
to the eye.
Unnoticed
while traveling.
Mere curves
on forward paths.

Backward glances
reveal
a change in direction.
Sweet goodbyes
from familiar vistas
toward new horizons.

Gentle turns
On life’s journey

June 15, 2011


Goodbye – Hello

Even gentle turns
need a proper
Goodbye.

A time to
remember,
reflect,
question,
perhaps grieve-
that which is
no more.

Then. . . .
and only then,
is there freedom
to gladly embrace
the new,
with a welcoming
Hello!

June 18, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment