Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And Yet, I Stay

I recoil                                                                   I witness
at the sight                                                             an encounter
of him                                                                    with prophets of old
camel hair clothes                                                  hearing The Voice
unkempt hair                                                         call from above
frantic gestures                                                     I am stunned and shaken
summoning followers
to a river                                                                And yet, I stay.
                                   
And yet, I stay.                                                     I fear
                                                                            His leaving
I puzzle                                                                 as I teeter on belief
at a baptism                                                          abandoned with images
in the Jordan                                                         not quite taken root
heavens torn apart                                                 emptiness creeps in
a dove descending
a Voice proclaiming                                             And yet, I stay.

And yet, I stay.                                                   I peek
                                                                          within
I question                                                            lingering at the entrance
healings and demons                                           reluctant to move forward
miracles of feeding                                              wanting to turn away
walking on water                                                  stepping inside
and calming storms                                             a life-changing decision
                                                                          the choice is mine
And yet, I stay.
                                                                           And so, I stay.
I listen to 
parables
yearning to understand                                       Reflections on my Lenten Journey
wonder at His question                                       with the Gospel of Mark
skeptical of my answer                                       March 28, 2012
hesitant to follow

And yet, I stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment