Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

"Pray Beside the Mystery"


Have you ever had the experience of hearing someone else articulate what you are feeling?  That happened to me yesterday, during a powerful Palm Sunday sermon that ended with the words “Pray Beside the Mystery”.

Here I am entering Holy Week, having walked through a particularly meaningful Lent.  Through weekly lessons, meditations, and a bible study class, I have been immersed in the Gospel of Mark.  My eyes were opened to the life of Jesus as never before.   There were times when it all made perfect sense, but more often than not I was completely baffled.  The Mystery.

I reflect on my personal journey and realize it is much the same.  Recognizing the God sightings, connecting the dots, the inexplicable calm in the midst of a storm, nurturing a divine idea, or the palpable sense of His presence and conversely my doubts, questionings, denials, and feelings of abandonment.  The Mystery.


As so beautifully stated on Palm Sunday, this week we are invited to “Pray Beside the Mystery”, to sit quietly next to The Presence.  No need for complete certainty or controlling the outcome. 

“Pray Beside the Mystery”.

No comments:

Post a Comment