Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Goodness of God


Last weekend was filled with the goodness of God, for me!  On Saturday, we began the fifth season of A Morning Apart at church.  My friend and I initiated these monthly gatherings, which include a time for scripture reading using Lectio Divina, followed by an extended quiet time to be with God in whatever way works for each individual.  Some read, journal, take walks, or participate in a spiritual discipline we might be offering.  This month we focused on Psalm 104, known as the ‘Creation Psalm’.  We set up five meditation areas around the church campus with one of Bill’s amazing bonsai’s as the focal point at each.  Talk about experiencing God’s creation through nature!

The previous evening I had another encounter with God’s Grace.  My son, Todd and daughter-in-law Amy, invited Amy’s parents and us for dinner to announce the gender and name of our first grandchild.  They very cleverly gave us each a picture frame that said “first grandchild’ with a photo of the name spelled out using scrabble letters.  Tears were flowing, as Bill and I realized this new little fellow would be carrying our name to the next generation! 

I hope these pictures give you a flavor of "The Goodness of God"!






No comments:

Post a Comment