Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Letter From God?


At last Saturday’s “A Morning Apart”, we explored letter writing!  Specifically a letter of Christ, “written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God.” (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)  A mighty tall order, don’t you agree?  But wait, there was more.  What if God wrote a letter to US!  What would He say?  How would He address us?  How would God sign our letter? 

During our quiet space that is just what we did, wrote a letter to ourselves from God. We placed it in an envelope, sealed and addressed it, to be returned in the mail at a later date.  Some of us found envisioning God writing to us personally wasn’t such a simple task.  Going out to be the messenger of Christ apparently is more comfortable than relaxing into God’s care and love of us, JUST US, as His individual child.

It was an enlightening experience, one you could try on your own.
What words would God send from His heart to yours?







You are a letter from Christ

in the mailbox of my life
I’ve found many forms of letters
but the ones I’ve most rejoiced in
are the ones sent from my Lord.

they look most ordinary
that no one would suspect
they bear the blessed message
of the truth about my heart.

some letters bring me challenge
to forego my hardened ways;
some letters invite happiness
and promise new delight.

some letters gift my days with hope
when all the world seems dark’
some letters bear tough questions
regarding weaknesses and sin.

some letters send me healing
when my heart is weary
some letters speak of loving
and of giving beyond cost.

some letters make me wonder
how I ever could refuse,
for they are letters of proposal
for a love life with my God.

I know that I’ll keep coming
to the mailbox of my life
because the letters tell of Jesus
and pursue me with this truth.

Fresh Bread Joyce Rupp

PS  If you ever want to respond  directly to me, please include my personal email address, otherwise I may not receive your comments.  They seem to float off into blog space somewhere!  I do enjoy hearing your reflections!  carolwawrychuk@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment