Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013


The celebration of the New Year has never been high on my 'holiday list'.  Oh there have been a few years of parties, late dinners, and even spending the night on the parade route (when I was VERY young and dumb!), but somehow it never measured up to MY expectations of the perfect New Year’s Eve.

But this year was different.  We were invited to an open house, which began early, allowing us to be home at a reasonable hour (well reasonable for us, that is!).   Bill and I wished each other Happy New Year before nodding off around 10:30, Spud already snoring at the foot of the bed!   In the midst of that twilight sleep, I vaguely heard the phone ring, followed by a familiar voice on the answering machine.  It was my dear friend not wanting to let 2012 end without sending her love.   And as I write, one eye is glued to the TV so I don't miss another friend who will be riding on one of the floats.

Doesn't sound all that spectacular does it?  So what's changed, you may ask?
It's me!  I've changed!   I welcomed the New Year surrounded by people I love and who dearly care about me (including canine people of course!) Finally, I am able to recognize perfection with more clarity.   

It's the simple things; seems to be a reoccurring theme with me these days!

Wishing you a 2013 chock full of the simple things in life, with arms wide open to embrace them!


No comments:

Post a Comment