Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spud and Brooklyn


What is it about my Spudster and little kids that just melts my heart and screams to me of God’s presence? 

It happened again today on our morning walk.  We were meandering down the road, at the end of one of our longer routes, when I spotted a man carrying a little boy.   The gentleman (I’m guessing the grandfather) was patiently pointing out trees, flowers, the truck carrying the gardener’s equipment etc., when this little guy in his arms (maybe 18 months) points to Spud and says “Doggie, doggie!” 

Grandpa put Brooklyn down (I always introduce Spud to his admirers by name!) and asked if he could meet Spud.  So here comes little Brooklyn, wobbly and yes –a tad bit tentatively – to meet my boy!   Brooklyn put out his chubby finger and touched Spud’s nose and then his head, not quite sure how to go about making the acquaintance of this massive white dog in front of him!  I offered the opportunity for Brooklyn to give Spud a treat and with Grandpa’s permission, I placed it in the palm of his little hand.  Understandably, Brooklyn didn’t know the next step to this whole scenario, but Spud did!  Spud ‘gives paw’ before he gets something special – and that is just what happened with Brooklyn!  Spud put his big old paw in that little palm!  Of course it all worked out, because the treat fell to the ground, Spud quickly ate it and Brooklyn giggled in delight!

We continued our journey down the street; only my eyes were no longer dry, as I heard Grandpa saying, “That was Spud!”   I realized I would be doing the same thing with Billy in the not too distant future. 

So it’s only 10:20am and life feels full of God today! 

And just because I can’t resist, here’s a picture I took of Billy this week, when I was babysitting.   Will miracles never cease???!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your story! I will soon be a first time grandmother (September) after waiting a long time. I can't wait to take those walks.
    "Your" Billy is precious!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete